RE: Precomposed Tibetan

From: Alan Wood (alan.wood@context.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 12:06:05 EST

    Jungshik Shin wrote:

    > Is there any opentype/AAT font for Tibetan? Do Uniscribe, Pango,
    > ATSUI, and Graphite support them if there are opentype Tibetan fonts?
    > In addition to the principle of character encoding, the best practical
    > counterargument would come from a demonstration that Unicode encoding
    > model for Tibetan script does work in practice.

    I don't know if it includes OpenType or AAT features, but XenoType has just
    announced a Tibetan Unicode Language Kit for Mac OS X 10.2:

    http://www.xenotypetech.com/

    This page also announces kits for Burmese, Cherokee, Inuktitut, Kannada,
    Lao, Malayalam and Thai.

    Alan Wood
    http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)