Re: Caron / Hacek?

From: Pim Blokland (pblokland@planet.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 04:49:44 EST

    John Hudson schreef:

    > By the way, although Unicode calls it a cedilla, the correct form to use
    > with G is the disconnected, 'under comma' form.

    Ah yes, the cedillas; now these are ambiguous!
    What is the "correct form" for cedillas under N, K, L, R, S and T? What
    should these look like? The fonts I've seen disagree on all of them: some
    have commas, others have "real" cedillas.
    Since Unicode 3.0 came out with its new code points 0218..021B (S and T with
    comma below), it has been my conviction that 015E..015F and 0162..0163
    should look like S and T with real cedillas.
    Am I wrong in that assumption? Even some fonts which have, for instance,
    021A (T with comma below) defined, make 0162 (T with cedilla) look like a T
    with an under comma.
    Now I must admit, I haven't come across many texts which used Ts with
    cedillas. Not in printed form, that is; the only ones I have seen were in
    electronic form, where their appearance depends on the font used.

    Pim Blokland