Re: [bidi] Re: Unicode Collation Algorithm: 4.0 Update (beta)

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 18:22:01 EDT

    I forgot the most important point of all:

    The goal for UCA 4.0 is to top it up to the Unicode 4.0 repertoire. The
    timeframe for that is quite short -- it was to have been done some time ago --
    and we don't want to make any changes that we would want to pull out later when
    we work with SC22/WG20. So we will only make "safe and obvious" changes in this
    version.

    Of course, you should still continue to work on any more extensive comments for
    a later version, so that they are prepared well in advance; after all, all of
    these issues are on collation features that have been in since 3.1 and before!

    Mark
    http://www.macchiato.com
    ► “Eppur si muove” ◄