Re: Klingons and their allies - Beyond 17 planes

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 11:33:08 CST

Marco Cimarosti scripsit:

> Why? 200 millions should be more than enough: that's more than 30.000 words
> for each living language.

The Oxford English Dictionary has almost 10 times that many main entries.
And if we want to record every obvious derivative, 4 million words (times
6000 languages) seems a reasonable upper bound. Granted, English has
a fat vocabulary, but let's think big here.

> In practice, it will always be rendered as
> "-tu wa-" because no one will invest in implementing Swahili rendering.

How right you are.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com