LAST Call for Papers- Unicode IUC25-March 2004- Washington, D.C., USA

From: Tex Texin (tex@i18nguy.com)
Date: Sun Nov 09 2003 - 16:04:40 EST

    Only 1 week left to propose papers for the next Unicode Conference!
    Submissions are due Nov. 14.

    In addition to the conference's highly-regarded ensemble of
    up-to-date information on internationalization and Unicode best practices,
    this conference will additionally focus on solutions that address the
    language and multilingual requirements of governments and industries around
    the world. The conference will be held at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
    in Alexandria, VA, USA

    Send in your submissions now!

          IUC25 Call for Papers - March 2004 - Washington, D.C., USA

        Twenty-fifth Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC25)

         Unicode in Government: Building a Multilingual Infrastructure

                             See Call for Papers at:
                   http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc25/iuc25call.html

                              March 31 - April 2, 2004
                                Washington, D.C., USA

                         Submissions due: Nov. 14, 2003
                       Notification date: Dec. 5, 2003
                              Papers due: Jan. 9, 2004

    Technologies built on the Unicode Character Standard make it
    feasible today to build a multilingual infrastructure that
    satisfies these requirements. This conference will examine the
    requirements and explore recent advances as well as traditional
    best-practices. The Washington DC venue was specifically chosen
    to allow discussion and peer networking around the needs of
    government including topics such as U.S. Homeland Security, and
    the European Union's challenges supporting all its official
    languages.

    The conference web site has more details and numerous example topics:
    http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc25/iuc25call.html

    INVITATION TO SUBMIT PAPERS

    The Internationalization & Unicode Conference is the premier
    technical conference worldwide for both software and Web
    internationalization. The conference features tutorials,
    lectures, and panel discussions that provide coverage of
    standards, best practices, and recent advances in the
    globalization of software and the Internet. The conference
    continues to provide a forum for identifying and discussing new
    issues in this field.

    New technologies, innovative Internet applications, and the
    evolving Unicode Standard bring new challenges along with their
    new capabilities. This technical conference will explore the
    opportunities created by the latest advances, how to leverage
    them, and the potential pitfalls. Their impact on business and
    the problem areas that need further research will also be
    identified. Best practices for designing applications that can
    accommodate any language will be demonstrated.

    Attendees benefit from the wide range of basic to advanced topics
    and the opportunities for dialog and idea exchange with experts
    and peers.

    We invite you to submit papers on the conference themes or topics
    that relate to Unicode or any aspect of software and Web
    Internationalization.

    You can view the programs of previous conferences at:
    http://www.unicode.org/unicode/conference/about-conf.html

    CONFERENCE ATTENDEES

    Conference attendees are generally involved in either the
    development and deployment of Unicode software, or the
    globalization of software and the Internet. They include
    managers, software engineers, testers, systems analysts, program
    managers, font designers, graphic designers, content developers,
    web designers, web administrators, site coordinators, technical
    writers, and product marketing personnel.

    EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES

    The Conference SHOWCASE area is for corporations and individuals
    who wish to display and promote their products, technology and/or
    services. Every effort will be made to provide maximum exposure,
    advertising and traffic.

    Exhibit space is limited. For further information or to reserve a
    place, please contact Global Meeting Services at
    info@global-conference.com.

    THE UNICODE CONSORTIUM

    The Unicode Consortium is a non-profit organization dedicated to
    the development, maintenance and promotion of The Unicode
    Standard, a worldwide character encoding. The Unicode Standard
    encodes the characters of the world's principal scripts and
    languages, and is code-for-code identical to the international
    standard ISO/IEC 10646. The Consortium also defines character
    properties and algorithms for use in implementations. The
    membership base of the Unicode Consortium includes major computer
    corporations, software producers, database vendors, research
    institutions, international agencies and various user groups.

    For further information on the Unicode Standard, visit the
    Unicode Web site at http://www.unicode.org or e-mail info@unicode.org
                               * * * * *

    Unicode(r) and the Unicode logo are registered trademarks of Unicode, Inc.
    Used with permission.