Re: Latin Capital Reversed K (was [Fwd: Re: Swastika to be banned by Microsoft?])

From: Alex LeDonne (aledonne@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 12:07:25 EST

    --- "Mark E. Shoulson" <mark@kli.org> wrote:
    > On 12/15/03 09:43, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
    >
    > > Is this like baseball scoreboards showing the third consecutive
    > > strikeout symbol (which is a K) reversed? Is that to avoid "KKK"
    > or
    > > is it for another reason?

    Traditionally in baseball scorekeeping, a reversed K denotes a
    strikeout where the third strike was called by the umpire, rather than
    a swing and a miss.

    > Which of course begs the question of whether we should encode a
    > "LATIN
    > CAPITAL REVERSED K" character.
    >
    > ~mark

    I've never seen it used in plain text. At least one source[1] suggests
    "Kc" as an alternative to the reversed K for "strikeout, called".

    -ATL

    [1] http://www.baseballscorecard.com/scoring.htm