Re: German characters not correct in output webform

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 09:04:11 EST

    On 14/01/2004 05:42, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >Can you exhibit the URL of your entry form or a HTML snapshot of your form
    >page? It may reveal if it's a problem in the HTML page itself, which does
    >allow prefeeding an entry form with characters that won't be mapped
    >correctly with the specified format for submitted data.
    >I have seen some references to the new XForms schema, but it is not usable
    >in HTML 4, because it requires recoding the ntry form with a <model> section
    >(the <form> element is obsolated in XForms).

    Well, attached is a Yahoo groups form (saved by my browser) similar to
    the one which caused me problems.

    I probably left the language selection as "English" which might have
    contributed to the problem at the server end; but then most of my text
    was English and I was quoting a few words in a language not listed. The
    field I was trying to fill in was 'textarea name="message"', line 174 -
    which has some data already filled in, none that I have added in this
    case. This uses 'form method="post"', line 122. There doesn't seem to be
    any encoding specified; Mozilla has defaulted to Windows-1252.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)

    Yahoo! Groups : aramaic Post Message
    Search the web
    Welcome, peterqaya
    [Sign Out, My Account]
    I'm a    seeking a
    Age:     to
       City or Postcode:

    peterqaya · peterkirk@qaya.org Start a Group - My Groups
    aramaic · Aramaic Language Group Member [ Edit My Membership ]
      Messages
    *    Post
      Links
      Polls

      owner = Owner
      moderator = Moderator
      online = Online
     Post Message Post Help
    Warning: If you reply to the message author or the group owner, your email address will be displayed in the message you send.
    From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk@qaya.org>
    Date: Wed Jan 14, 2004  1:44 pm
    Subject:
    What language is this post in?
    Wrap message text

    Privacy Policy - Copyright Policy - Terms of Service - Guidelines - Help