Code points on Windows

From: Mike Ayers (mike.ayers@tumbleweed.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 14:34:45 EST

            On Windows, it is well known that you can generate a character from
    its code point by holding down the alt key and typing the code point in
    decimal, with a leading 0, on the numeric keypad. I recall that there is
    also a method to do this in reverse - given a character on, say, Wordpad,
    one can get the Unicode codepoint for that character (copied to the
    clipboard, I believe). However, I have forgotten how to do this. Can
    anyone help me out here?

            Thanks,

    /|/|ike