Re: New MS Mac Office and Unicode?

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 17:19:37 EST

    At 07:16 AM 1/14/2004, Peter Kirk wrote:

    > From what Han-Yi wrote there is no indication of support for precomposed
    > Latin and Cyrillic characters used in languages not listed. Will they be
    > supported, or not?

    Han-Yi provided a list of *keyboards* and indicated that Mac Office will
    support 'input, display and basic editing of Unicode characters associated
    with' those keyboards. I think your question, Peter, is what will Mac
    Office do with characters not associated with those keyboards? Obviously
    they won't claim any support for *input* but what about display and editing?

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    What was venerated as style was nothing more than
    an imperfection or flaw that revealed the guilty hand.
                    - Orhan Pamuk, _My name is red_