Re: Fwd: Re: (SC2WG2.609) New contribution N2705

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 11:46:22 EST

    On 18/02/2004 04:33, Michael Everson wrote:

    > At 04:16 -0800 2004-02-18, Peter Kirk wrote:
    >
    >> If I find references (e.g. the ones Ken and I have already given)
    >> with the rest of the Latin alphabet and other characters used as
    >> subscripts in linguistic works, would you add these to your proposal
    >> as well?
    >

    > This proposal is for Indo-Europeanist characters. There have been many
    > proposals for superscript and subscript characters.

    OK, but what makes an Indo-Europeanist subscript a different from other
    proposed subscript a's?

    >> If "no", what makes your subscripts different from and more encodable
    >> than my subscripts?
    >

    > Nothing? We showed evidence of use. Can you do the same?

    Absolutely. See the references Ken has cited, from online documents. See
    the one I cited, from a printed book. See innumerable textbooks of
    mathematics, physics etc.

    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)
    peterkirk@qaya.org (work)