LATIN SMALL LIGATURE CT

From: Kevin Brown (graphity@adelaide.on.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 19:14:50 EST

    This has possibly been canvassed before, but I was wondering why there is
    no character LATIN SMALL LIGATURE CT in Alphabetic Presentation Forms (or
    elsewhere)?

    The Alphabetic Presentation Forms range contains most of the other latin
    ligatures such as st, ff, fi, fl etc. I would have thought that the ct
    ligature was no more or less common than any of these.

    Adobe Pro fonts (eg Minion, Caslon, Garamond etc) include the ct ligature
    in the PUA.

    What is the history of the non-inclusion of the ct ligature in the
    Unicode Standard?

    Kevin