RE: Fixed Width Spaces (was: Printing and Displaying DependentVowels)

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 16:14:47 EST

    The NBSP issue was extensively discussed a couple of years ago, I don't
    remember in which list. In short, it was wrongly used by early web users as
    a fixed width space, and there is such a vast legacy it cannot be changed.
    However, there are other applications that use the intended meaning - see
    ISO 8859.

    Jony