Re: Nice to join this forum....

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 11:14:27 CDT

This depends on how sophisticated the fonts are. It is straightforward to make
fonts that map from a series of characters to a precomposed glyph, getting you
exactly the same quality you would get with a precomposed character.

(And it is possible in the rendering engine to do a better job of accent
placement in the absence of font information -- not necessarily ideal, but more
legible: see http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn2/. I have heard a rumor that MS
will be supporting better accent placement in their next OS.)

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄