Re: Inscription in Punic and Neopunic

From: Patrick Andries (Patrick.Andries@xcential.com)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 16:21:35 CDT

    James Kass a écrit :

    >Patrick Andries wrote,
    >

    >>The inscription was found in Cherchel (Algeria) and is apparently
    >>dedicated to Micipsa.
    >>
    >>Would anyone have access to the aforementioned book ? Could that person
    >>be so kind as to see whether such an inscription is indeed illustrated ?
    >>

    >Is this it?

    First of all thank you.

    I believe this is not the inscription, it could be Cherchel N2.

    *Cherchel N 2*
    Berger 1889, pp. 35-46;
    Lidzbarski 1898, p. 439, 3 Dd2, Taf. xvi, 4;
    Van den Branden 1974, pp. 143-145;
    Garbini 1974b. p. 33;
    Roschinsky 1979, pp. 111-116;
    NSI 57;
    KAI 161. <<<<<<<

    KAI = Kanaanäische und aramäische Inschriften and 161 is also the
    reference I have.

    Unfortunately no illustration is provided.

    P. A.