Re: How to find character corresponding to code

From: Tom Emerson (tree@basistech.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 12:14:46 CDT

    FischRon.external@infineon.com writes:
    > Say, I have given a 2-Byte Unicode character code. How can I quickly
    > find out, how the corresponding
    > character *should* look like according to the standard?

    How about looking it up in the standard, which has representative
    glyphs for all defined codepoints in numeric order? Either the paper
    copy or the PDFs available at

    http://www.unicode.org/charts/

    While the charts are listed by name on that page, if you hover over
    the link the actual files are named by the initial codepoint of the
    block, so you can look in your browser's status bar.

    Or am I missing something in your question?

    Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com