Re: Diacritic and similar foldings and spam filtering

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 05:05:26 CDT

    On 09/07/2004 00:01, Kenneth Whistler wrote:

    >Peter Kirk said:

    >>António ...

    Actually I wrote "Ant", o acute, "nio" in a UTF-8 encoded message. So
    here is another reason for diacritic folding: to avoid one's messages,
    and potentially also web pages etc, being munged by non-Unicode
    compatible software. But I don't think this is a good reason, and
    certainly not one which should be used as a justification for the
    folding within Unicode!

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)