Re: Much better Latin-1 keyboard for Windows

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@jtcsv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 10:15:07 CDT

    > a European national keyboard is by itself in general a keyboard group composed of three levels (one unshifted, one shifted, one obtained with AltGr).

    In practice, the keyboards I have seen with an additional level generally need and use a pair of additional levels. The issue is that if a lowercase character x is on a level, then you want to be able to get the uppercase version of it X by using that same level plus a shift key. So in practice you end up with plain, plain+shifted, alternate, alternate+shifted.

    ‎Mark