Re: [BULK] - Re: markup on combining characters

From: Peter Kirk (peterkirk@qaya.org)
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 15:41:52 CDT

    On 09/09/2004 19:06, Mike Ayers wrote:

> [...]
    No one is talking about colouring part of a *character*, only part of a
    combining character sequence, i.e. something which the UTC has decided
    should be represented as a sequence of characters, not as an indivisible
    whole.

    A small proportion of these combining character sequences are
    alternatively represented as precomposed characters. This doesn't apply
    to any of the Hebrew combining character sequences which prompted this
    discussion - except for a few for which there are precomposed
    presentation forms which are composition exceptions. But these
    alternative representations are irrelevant, especially for scripts to
    which they do not apply.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)