Re: Saudi-Arabian Copyright sign

From: Jonathan Coxhead (jonathan@doves.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 16:42:59 CDT

        Kenneth Whistler wrote:

    > Antoine asked:
    >

    >>On Tuesday, September 21st, 2004 18:50 Kenneth Whistler va escriure:
    >>
    >>>With this change in place, it seems to me that the case is
    >>>quite clear *for* separate encoding of any circled Arabic
    >>>letter used as a symbol. If the sequence <062D, 20DD> were
    >>>used, instead, it would cursively join inappropriately with
    >>>neighboring Arabic characters, unless surrounded by ZWNJ as
    >>>well.
    >>
    >>Then could/should we use the sequence <200C, 062D, 20DD, 200C>?
    >

    > You *could* use that sequence, and if your rendering implementation
    > were sophisticated enough, it *might* render what you were
    > expecting.

        So here's my question ...

        If I did write the sequence <200C, 062D, 20DD, 200C>, would *should* I expect?

        It seems to me that---barring bugs---this ought to produce the symbol
    expected, in a completely standard-conforming way, and with no extra encoding
    needed.

        If I write <200C, 062D, 20DD, 200C>, and I don't see this Saudi copyright
    sign, shouldn't I be able to complain to someone for non-compliance? (Of course,
    I might not like its baseline, or size, or stroke-width, but I'm sure I could
    get over it.)

        Exactly what "wiggle-room" exists, in the current state of play?

    --
             /|  Jonathan Coxhead
      o o o (_|/