Re: bit notation in ISO-8859-x is wrong

From: James Kass (jameskass@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 11:38:12 CST

    Counting from zero is a favourite topic on which to rant.

    With regards to bit notation, Unicode might offer us a way
    to be specific.

    When referring to the "fours column" in binary notation,
    we could write either bit3 or bit², depending on our persuasion.

    Maybe if Unicode had been available to the ASCII-bound technicians
    who originated the "zero-starter" practice, we wouldn't be having
    this thread, eh?

    Best regards,

    James Kass