Re: Spammed by a list member!

From: James Kass (jameskass@att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 18:40:32 CST

    Kevin Brown wrote,

    > Dear Dean
    >
    > I personally have not followed the Phoenician thread. While I can understand the
    > frustration of having a discussion blocked (however valid or invalid the reason)
    > I think the method you are choosing to continue it is unprofessional.

    We disagree. Dean Snyder has started an ad-hoc private discussion
    list on the subject of Phoenician. People on his distribution list
    who choose to opt-out should do so privately.

    Responding to a private post on a public list is considered ill-mannered.

    Spam is generally taken to mean unwanted *commercial* e-mail. Dean's
    private posting, whatever else it might be, wasn't commercial.

    Best regards,

    James Kass