Re: Subj: Displaying Chinese characters and Chu Nom characters

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 00:42:41 CST

    Paul <stabbedupp at yahoo dot com> wrote:

    > ,,the Unicode number assigned to this character is U+21a38, and when
    > inputting this number into the Unicode look-up chart, the box is
    > blank. Is there a way i can make characters up in this block of
    > Unicode display in my browser, and if so, what would i have to do?

    [𡨸]

    If you only see *one* blank box instead of two, you are most of the way
    there. You just need to find a font that supports characters in the CJK
    Extension B range. Not many do; you might want to try looking on a
    "Chinese fonts" page such as http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/china.html.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/