Re: Surrogate points

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 11:55:30 CST

    At 18:24 +0000 2005/01/28, Jon Hanna wrote:
    >Hey, how about suggesting that Unicode become stateful? That'd give us even
    >more codepoints we don't have any need for and cause even more havoc to
    >running code.

    The idea was merely to straighten out the logical model, so as to not be
    confusing. That would help software development.

    The character model should not be tied to a specific encoding. And for any
    specific encoding, it suffices that it can cover uniquely the points that
    the character model may fill.

      Hans Aberg