Re: IDN problem.... :(

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 15:06:01 CST

    Adam Twardoch <list dot adam at twardoch dot com> wrote:

    > You're fast at making presumptions.
    >
    > There are sanserif fonts where I and l look different (e.g. Verdana)
    > and such where they look the same (e.g. Arial). Obviously, the latter
    > are not suitable for displaying URLs.

    Yes, you're right. My mistake. I could have just looked down at my
    taskbar item called "Inbox" to see the serifed I in Tahoma.

    But your "paypaI.com" came in the body of a message, which I set to
    Arial Unicode MS for best Unicode coverage at small size.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/