Re: IDN problem.... :(

From: D. Starner (shalesller@writeme.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 17:19:15 CST

    "Antoine Leca" writes:

    > On Saturday, February 12th, 2005 22:14Z Adam Twardoch va escriure:
    > >
    > > Also, if the user is proposed to look at the URL "IRAQ.COM" and is
    > > offered to choose between the Kurdish Q and the English Q, some may
    > > choose the first one for obvious reasons.
    >
    > I do not understand your point.
    >
    > IRAQ.COM (all Latin letters) seems to me something logical. IRA[].COM (with
    > a Cyrillic/Kurdish Q instead) seems to me an obvious case of phishing,

    It's obvious to you, who is familar with writing scripts and Unicode, that
    the q in Iraq shouldn't be a Kurdish Q. But if you ask random people whether
    the Q in Iraq should be Latin or Kurdish, they might reasonably wonder what
    Latin has to do with Iraq and pick the Kurdish Q.

    Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
    http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm