Re: Uppercase variant of U+00DF LATIN SMA LL LETTER SHARP S ("German s harp s", "ß" )

From: Patrick Andries (patrick.andries@xcential.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 17:23:17 CST

    Asmus Freytag a écrit :

    > Your proposal by focusing entirely on the appearance, would negate
    > that aspect.

    My "proposal" was dealing only with being able to display PREßBURG with
    the current technology (your example about applying a title style) I
    think it is feasible while preserving an underlying orthographic
    representation.

    I did not propose any solution to insure roundtrip between (lowercase)
    ß <-> SS, a very old problem. I'm not that amibitious ;-) I answered a
    different problem. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

    > You've convinced me that there would be a benefit for Unicode in this
    > arena, so as to help people arrive at an unambiguous underlying
    > representation.

    Happy to have contributed ;-)

    P. A.