Re: IDN spoofing

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 08:32:59 CST

    Simon Montagu wrote:

    > Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
    >
    >> I've thought about getting ɯoɔ.com for similar reasons...
    >>
    >> And of course, there's always plenty of room to play around with such
    >> things on the subdomain level, like having əլɓooɓ.google.com be an
    >> upside-down version of the page.
    >

    > I expect you've come across elgooG: http://elgoog.rb-hosting.de/index.cgi
    >
    > AFAICT they do that the hard way by passing the content through a
    > script which reverses all the texts. It could be done much more easily
    > with the CSS unicode-bidi property ;-)

    I do something similar to make the KLI's online Klingon journal
    available in transliteration and also in PUA Klingon characters. I run
    it through a script to translate at need. And I have a script to
    generate the upside-down versions of lowercase Latin (and a few
    punctuation marks) if needed...

    ~mark