Doug's Not Doug (was: Re: E0000 Language Tags for Some Obscure Languages)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 16:09:15 CST

    I guess I need to clarify, since someone has already asked (much to my
    amazement and chagrin):

    The "Doug" who is posting from <UList at dfa dash mail dot com> is *NOT*
    the same person as me.

    I am not using an alternative name or e-mail ID to post contrarian or
    "devil's advocate" views, and never have. When I have contrarian views,
    I post them under my real name.

    The only e-mail address I have used in the past 3 years for posting to
    the Unicode list, or other public mailing lists, is <dewell at adelphia
    dot net>.

    As far as the specific issues go, I do not support the use of either
    variation selectors or language tags (Plane 14 or otherwise) to change
    the identity of a character (e.g from one script to another), and I
    believe that any change in the established mechanisms of Unicode should
    be achieved through sound technical arguments rather than "grass-roots
    revolution."

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/