Re: String name and Character Name

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 15:02:56 CST

    At 10:27 AM 4/25/2005, Andrew C. West wrote:
    >I was thinking of releasing versions of BabelPad and BabelMap with all Unicode
    >names expunged and "Search by Name" function disabled, just to please Jill and
    >Peter; but then again I write software to please myself, not anyone else, so I
    >think I'll leave things just the way they are.

    In Unibook (http://www.unicode.org/unibook) I support searches for names,
    as well
    as inside the entire 'character entry', which includes aliases and comments.

    For Version 4.1 I'm working on adding a search mode where one can look for just
    names and aliases, as well as a way to locate characters by the little range
    headers (such as the header "Stars, asterisks and snowflakes" in
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2700.pdf).

    A./