RE: String name and Character Name

From: Jörg Knappen (knappen@uni-mainz.de)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 11:40:35 CST

    Answering to Jon Hanna's question:

    [Klammeraffe]
    >> It does seem odd that this German gloss is presented here.

    >It does indeed. Is there a user community that makes much use of it?

    Yes, there is. ''Klammeraffe'' is a well established traditional name for
    the @ thing predating its use in email addresses. The younger ones know it
    as At-Zeichen, but the older ones still use ''Klammeraffe''.

    After some research, I called it ''Arrobazeichen'' in my book Schnell ans
    Ziel mit LaTeX2e.

    --J"org Knappen

    P.S. IMO, the annotation ''Klammeraffe'' should be kept. We have some
    german annotations to other characters, too.