Re: It is easy to predict the past.

From: Gregg Reynolds (unicode@arabink.com)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 16:22:46 CDT

    Patrick Andries wrote:
    > Mete Kural a écrit :
    >
    >>>Let me predict that someone will want so badly to color the alif portion of
    >>>a lam-alif ligature that he makes a gif of what that ligature would look
    >>>like and posts it here.
    >>>

    >>Yup, you're right. We have some special needs to color parts of an Arabic word in a different color.
    >>
    > This is obvious but different from colouring the parts of a ligature.
    >
    > For obvious need for separate letters, an image from a tutorial I gave
    > last week in Beirut:
    >
    > http://www.hapax.qc.ca/images/Beyrouth-tutoriel-Unicode-24.png
    >
    > For the next one, I explicitly did not want to colour the two parts of
    > the lam-alif ligatures but I could not colour the two parts of the split
    > Tamil vowel which I would have loved being able to do (in PowerPoint):
    >
    > http://www.hapax.qc.ca/images/Beyrouth-tutoriel-Unicode-26.png

    Ok, here's my two cents: http://www.arabink.com/arabic/main.html
    You'll find two images, one with red lam - black alif, and one with red
    radicals and black non-radicals, including a red hamza on a black seat.
     These are from a PDF doc produced by Omega, which I hacked up a couple
    years ago for precisely the purpose of coloring radicals. Instead of
    markup, I designed my own encoding using different Latin-1 chars for
    radicals/non-radicals, e.g. L/l etc.

    -g