Re: Colouring combining Marks (was: unicode Digest V5 #149)

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 14:14:13 CDT

    The use of colouring combining marks (dependent vowels) and diacritical
    marks are normal.

    Only last week, I saw a child used this technique to clolour a birthday
    card.
    I also use combining diacritical markes to teach Tamil. Such as identifying
    10 basic vowels (a, i, u, e, o, ar, ir, ur, er, or) . see
    see http://www.geocities.com/avarangal/learntamil.html

    first line of the page: Thamiz̧
    second line of the page: அ̂merica அ́mbrella

    S R i vas