RE: sub and superscripts

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Fri Jul 01 2005 - 13:12:24 CDT

    > From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org] On Behalf
    > Of Gregg Reynolds

    > For programming language design it would be nice to have the entire
    > Latin (ascii) and Greek repertoire available as subscript and
    > superscript characters. So for example, using ^ to indicate superscript
    > and _ to indicate subscript,
    >
    > i^foobar = i to the foobar power
    > i_foobar = index foobar places into the array i

    So, you expect lots of programmers to have to have input methods that support a large set of sub-script characters for something as common as array indices? So, instead of MyArray[i] one would use MyArrayᵢ?

    Perhaps I've misunderstood what you're meaning.‎ If not, that doesn't sound at all nice.

    Peter Constable