Re: [hebrew] Re: Baseline level line?

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 23:11:53 CDT

    Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

    is 0640 good for it, as suggested?

    I'd be very wary about using U+0640, since it is an Arabic character and will presumably
    be passed to the Arabic shaping engine by a script processor such as Uniscribe. I'm going
    to have to ask MS to add support for Hebrew combining mark positioning on the other
    generic bases (U+25CB, U+25A1): at the moment, only U+25CC and the space/nbsp work okay as
    generic base characters. I don't even want to suggest that I'd like to apply Hebrew marks
    to the Arabic tatweel (although I do have a manuscript example of Hebrew written with
    Arabic letters and Hebrew nikud!)

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com