Re: Arabic encoding model (alas, static!)

From: Simon Montagu (smontagu@smontagu.org)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 23:37:37 CDT

    Peter Constable wrote:

    > Facts have nothing to do with it. This is a matter of simple logic. The
    > premise "WG2 has never rejected a UTC recommendation" does not imply
    > "WG2 is a rubber stamp of UTC". To take an analogous logical
    > relationship: If a student in a given class gets 100% on every
    > assignment and test, that does not imply that the teacher is rubber
    > stamping the student's work.

    If one of my children got 100% on every assignment and test, I would
    definitely conclude that the teacher wasn't doing his or her job
    properly, either by not checking the work adequately or by not providing
    sufficiently challenging assignments and material.

    In the analogee I might also conclude that there was something that
    needed changing in the relationship between WG2 and UTC, but this is all
    hypothetical and I don't intend or imply any statement to that effect.