Re: Demystifying the Politburo (was: Re: Arabic encoding model (alas, static!))

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 00:06:21 CDT

    <asadek at st dash elias dot com> wrote:

    > I asked questions on Coptic (and I am no newcomer to the field): no
    > answers. I thought I was polite and sufficiently the humble newcomer
    > congratulating the author of the proposal who only meekly wished to
    > be enlightened and after an initial strange answer by the said
    > proposer was rather puzzled. No answers after several reminders, what
    > am I to believe but that my questions are embarrassing because they
    > reveal a two small mistakes in the Coptic proposal?

    I thought Michael had answered the question: Greek CHI RHO (U+2627) and
    Coptic KHI RO (U+2CE9) are encoded separately because they belong to
    different scripts, sort of like Latin P and Greek Π and Cyrillic П.
    U+2627 is commonly identified as a symbol made up of two Greek letters,
    although it is not encoded in the Greek block.

    --
    Doug Ewell
    Fullerton, California