Re: No Subject

From: Erkki Kolehmainen (erkki.kolehmainen@kotus.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 02:34:15 CDT

    Since the wording indicates that there may be a misunderstanding, I'd
    like to point out that ISO is not an organization of national
    governments. Its members are called National Bodies, and they are
    typically widely-based non-profit organizations with some kind of a
    formal national recognition and possibly some financial support by the
    government (e.g. in Finland by the Ministry of Trade and Industry),
    although there are instances where they are essentially government
    bodies. Actual participation in ISO activities may be sponsored by
    individual companies and/or national industrial or trade organizations
    or government bodies (e.g. in Finland, a major sponsor for the cultural
    diversity issues in ICT is the Research Institute for the Languages of
    Finland under the Ministry of Education).

    Sincerely, Erkki I. Kolehmainen