Re: Back to Coptic

From: asadek@st-elias.com
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 13:25:30 CDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "John Hudson" <tiro@tiro.com>

    > It wouldn't, in fact, because I'm smarter than that :) but I'll
    > take your advice about the use of the abbreviation bar with SHIMA
    > SIMA. It is a little odd that something that seems to be an encoded
    > abbreviation should be encoded without the abbreviation bar, but if
    > that's the model I will work with it one way or another.

    "A little odd"... You are far too nice to Mr. Michael Everson.

    I don't know what you will do to prohibit some people coding this
    SHIMA SIMA without the bar because it is the style their use and
    sometimes with a bar because they prefer it that way to refer to
    exactly the same thing.

    This is not what a character encoding should do, but what someone
    copying the layout of fonts would do.

    I'm starting to feel this whole list to be a waste of time. I have
    no time to lose at this stage being lectured or agressively answered
    for no progress.

    I just hope the UCT and ISO are no image of this list where a
    single person being aggressive enough (Mr. Everson) can subdue
    the other participants who were reaching a common position.

    Obviously there is even nothing about Coptic to discuss here.

    Ashraf Sadek

    --
    St Elias Coptic Community