Re: mapping files from OBSOLETE directory

From: Eric Muller (emuller@adobe.com)
Date: Sun Jul 10 2005 - 18:22:40 CDT

    Werner LEMBERG wrote:

    > Where can I find
    >the canonical, official mappings?

    The JIS X 0213 standard includes a complete mapping to Unicode. You can
    (could?) find it online:

        JIS X 0213:2004 is available online: go to http://www.jisc.go.jp/;
        click on the blue button labeled “JIS” in the Search section; enter
        “JIS X 0213” in the third input box; click on the attached button;
        select JIS X 0213 in the resulting list. The first PDF is about the
        changes in :2004, the others are actually :2000. (By the way, JIS X
        0208:1997 and JIS X 0212:1990 are also available at the same location.)

    (if somebody tries this and the intructions are no longer valid, please
    let me know).

    Unfortunately, I am not aware of any official, machine readable file.

    >Assuming that national
    >organizations like JIS or KS provide this information, wouldn't it be
    >a good idea to provide those mappings from the Unicode site too?

    The problem is for somebody to create a machine readable version.
    Otherwise, I am all for it!

    Eric.