External Link arrow

From: Mark E. Shoulson (mark@kli.org)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 08:56:53 CST

    I wonder if it might not be appropriate to codify something like
    wikipedia's http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/monobook/external.png into
    a character in some Supplemental Arrows block. It's becoming more
    common to flag external links in this way (and it's about time, IMO),
    though naturally not everyone uses the same symbol.

    The Unicode arrow I liked best for the job (so far) was U+2934, probably
    because I had the Wikipedia version on my mind. Yahoo's points downward.

    I know wikipedia's stylesheet doesn't constitute plain text, but it is
    worth thinking about.

    ~mark