combining characters using ZWJ

From: Sandeep Srivastava (sandeep.kumar.srivastava@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 27 2006 - 07:30:50 CST

    Hi,

    How can I force 'a' and 'e' to get combined so that it is displayed as the
    ligature 'ae'? The ZWJ doesn't work here??

    I also found that every script has a different 'combining mark' to combine
    characters. For example, U+09CD is the combining mark used for the Bengali
    script, and U+094D is the combining mark used for the Hindi script. If
    that's the case, then what is the use of ZWJ?

    Thanks,
    Sandeep