RE: Representative glyphs for combining kannada signs

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2006 - 14:34:00 CST

    > From: Philippe Verdy [mailto:verdy_p@wanadoo.fr]

    > My comment about the Saysettha OT font was that you implied
    > it was a "typewriter-like" font, with poor positioning.

    My comment was not directed at Saysettha OT -- quite the contrary. It was in response to James' remark about displaying Lao without any OpenType Layout. Since Saysettha OT is an OpenType font, it clearly isn't an instance of what I was referring to. I assumed that it was obvious I wasn't talking about OpenType fonts, and so it seemed to me your response also could not have been talking about OpenType.

    I guess we can blame James, who juxtaposed Saysettha OT with a discussion of non-OpenType Lao. :-)

    Peter Constable