Re: Vim (was: Unicode fonts)

From: Alexej Kryukov (akrioukov@newmail.ru)
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 13:48:40 CST

    On Wednesday 03 May 2006 08:47, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    > I just want to be able to match for example "aaaaa\nbbbbbb" and
    > replace it with anything,i.e. not having to play with the ''vi'' join
    > and merge commands; to match "aaaa" and replace it with
    > "ccccccc\ndddddddd".

    Well, I have just tested this with vim64 for win32. As I have expected,
    command sequences like

    :%s/aaa\nbbb/ccc\nddd/

    successfully match and replace any occurences of the
    "aaa<line break>bbb" string.

    Note that the example above works both with Windows and Unix text files,
    i. e. the exact meaning of "\n" depends from the line break style
    used in the current document.

    --
    Regards,
    Alexej Kryukov <akrioukov at newmail dot ru>