UTF-7 - is it dead?

From: Kornkreismuster@web.de
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 02:23:30 CDT

    Hi!

    We migrate our systems to Unicode right now.
    My impression is that we should implement only the UTF-8 and UTF-16 encodings, because of the rarly use of UTF-32 and UTF-7.

    UTF-32 is for sure a waste of space. it only makes sense if you really have texts out of Hieroglyphs. Therefore it makes no sense for an Application with no historical or any other uncommon content.

    Is UTF-7 really still in use at all? Java for example has only the options UTF-8 and 16.
    And for UTF-7 I found several opinions that BASE64 and QuotePrintable is still to be used instead.

    Regards
    Jetzt gratis testen! http://freemail.web.de/home/landingpad/?mc=021130