RE: UTF-7 - is it dead?

From: Addison Phillips (addison@yahoo-inc.com)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 01:04:29 CDT

    > My test page was
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JRW_test/message/6 . It used
    > to display properly if I chose UTF-7 in Firefox. However,
    > something has
    > changed and now I can no longer get the posted text to be
    > intepreted as
    > UTF-7. It works fine as UTF-7 if I cut and paste the posting
    > it into a text
    > file, but the UTF-7 trick no longer works on the post as
    > accessed from Yahoo
    > groups.

    ... because we fixed a bug! Submitted content could cause pages to be
    interpreted as UTF-7. If you look at the source for that page you'll see
    that the plus symbols have been converted to HTML numeric entities and
    that's why your sample doesn't work--in any browser: because it isn't UTF-7
    anymore.

    Addison

    Addison Phillips
    Internationalization Architect - Yahoo! Inc.

    It is not a feature.