RE: Free unicode fonts (Re: [indic] Re: provisional named sequences)

From: Vainateya (vainateya@cdac.in)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2006 - 10:21:40 CDT

    Dear All,

     The link mentioned is for 8 bit true-type fonts.

     Kindly refer the following links for OpenType fonts.
     They are from various vendors and are released for Tamil, Hindi and Telugu.
     Keyboard drivers and Onscreen virtual keyboards have also been provided.

      Tamil :
            http://www.ildc.in/GIST/htm/fonts.htm

      Hindi :
            OT-fonts : http://www.ildc.in/htm/otfonts.htm
            OT-Fonts with keyboard driver for language enabled Windows :
    http://www.ildc.in/htm/otdrv.htm
            (or http://www.ildc.in/hindi/hdownloadhindi.htm for all software)

      Telugu :
            http://www.ildc.in/telugu/htm/otfonts.htm

     Kindly also visit the home page http://www.ildc.in for :
            Proposals invited from interested individuals / organisations /
    private agencies
            / academic institutions / public agencies for ready to integrate
    software tools /
            technologies and resources for any of the 22 scheduled Indian
    languages.

    regards,
    Mr. Vainateya Koratkar