Re: Draft 3 of the proposal to encode an EXTERNAL LINK SIGN in the BMP

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@icu-project.org)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2006 - 19:21:09 CDT

    On a related issue, I think we may want to consider changing the overall
    Unicode position on symbols somewhat. We've been rather strict in the past,
    but where certain symbols are in widespread use as text, it may make sense
    to add them to Unicode. This is not saying that there is a clear-cut case
    for changing our position, but it is something that we should discuss.

    Mark