Re: Unicode & space in programming & l10n

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@nic.fr)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 01:30:22 CST

    On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:49:54AM +0200,
     Jefsey_Morfin <jefsey@jefsey.com> wrote
     a message of 242 lines which said:

    > I agree that an important English bias is the standardization and
    > documentation in English [...] (their IETF standardisation, design,
    > usage, and management are under "influence" [RFC 3935] of core
    > values and concepts directly resulting from the sole English based
    > cultures).

    [The author of RFC 3935 is norwegian, by the way.]

    I agree with Jefsey! All standardization work must be done in lojban
    (http://www.lojban.org/)!

    > Another problem is that English is a complex language to
    > automatically understand.

    Which is precisely a problem that lojban solves.

    > The IQ of a person is higher in his mother tongue.

    Since I have the same mother tongue than Jefsey, I can testify that my
    IQ is exactly the same when I read him in french or in english:
    zero. I understand nothing.