Re: CJK Extension C (was: Re: Unicode 5.0 success)

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 17:51:44 CST

    Dear Ken,

    Thank -you for this news. This is what I wanted to find out.

    For those who are interested the IRG's report that shows the proposed characters

    best goto
        http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/

    the irg submission

    http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134SummaryForm.doc

    pdf files

    http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134AttachmentA_C1_Part1_Page001-080.pdf
    http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134AttachmentA_C1_Part2_Page081-160.pdf
    http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134AttachmentA_C1_Part3_Page161-235.pdf

    other

    http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~irg/irg/irg27/WG2N3134AttachmentB_C1_v80final.xls

    Though please note these are still pending inclusion, not included.

    Thank you Ken

    Quoting Kenneth Whistler <kenw@sybase.com>:

    > Mike said:
    >
    > > In any case here is the
    > > list of CJK characters in 5.0.0:
    > >
    > > 4E00..9FBB F900..FAD9 02F800..02FA1D
    > > and 3400..4DB5 (extension A) 020000..02A6D6 (extension B)
    > >
    > > The CJK radicals are 2E80..2EF3 and strokes 31C0..31CF
    >
    > If listing CJK radicals, don't forget the Kangxi Radicals
    > block: 2F00..2FDF.
    >
    > And John Knightley followed up:
    >
    > > At the beginning of the thread a comment was made suggesting
    > > some cjk charctes had been added. The IRG already has a list C1 of cjk
    > > characters that I expect will be added some time to unicode, I was wrong
    > and
    > > thought maybe these had been added.
    >
    > In late-breaking news, the IRG's C1 list of additional unified
    > CJK ideographs was accepted for ballotting last week by WG2.
    > They will appear at the range: U+2A700..U+2B77A (4219 total),
    > in a new block called "CJK Unified Ideographs Extension C".
    > That will be part of the Amendment *4* to ISO/IEC 10646:2003,
    > which is currently scheduled to start its PDAM ballotting
    > on December 15, 2006.
    >
    > Assuming that the ballotting on Amendment 4 progresses without
    > hitches, that new collection of unified CJK ideographs will
    > also eventually be approved for addition to the Unicode Standard
    > in some future version, resynchronized with that amendment to 10646.
    >
    > --Ken

    This mail sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net