RE: postal delivery efforts

From: Jony Rosenne (jr@qsm.co.il)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 01:29:42 CST

    I am not sure what it means. In Israel too you see Roman (and btw, Cyrillic
    and Arabic) letters all over the place, and English is required in most
    schools, but a substantial minority cannot read them. Of course these people
    do not use the internet and can only use specialized applications on
    computers. Many other people have a great difficulty in deciphering them.

    When the advertisers use Roman letters and URLs they also want to convey a
    modern and sophisticated image, not just information.

    The next step in internationalizing the internet should be de-Romanization,
    allowing everyone to access the internet in his own language and script.

    Jony